Thursday, March 3, 2011

Healthy Eating

Most of my family and friends know that I was diagnosed with type 2 Diabetes a couple of months ago, which has prompted me to start eating a little healthier. So, yesterday I went to Henry's Market for the first time to start buying more organic and fresh foods. Let's just say I was a little lost in that store. I was there for about an hour and was overwhelmed with all of the different selections.

Well, my church has also started this new healthy eating style called the Daniel plan which is incorporating more of the healthy foods that I need to start eating. There is a whole website devoted to this plan which is http://saddleback.com/thedanielplan/. You can also look it up on Facebook as well. 
 So, If you go to this site and type in the word pantry in the search field at the top, the first link is "What is in your pantry?" is a video by Dr. Daniel Amen. I watched this video and was amazed at all the food that he was throwing away was about 90% of what is in my pantry. Of course, I am not going to throw out my whole pantry, but this is what provoked the trip to Henry's Market so that I could start buying healthier foods. I am now on a mission to eat healthier, lose weight, and control my diabetes so that it does not turn into type 1. More to come...

0 comments:

Post a Comment