How We Discovered Virgin Coconut Oil
When I first read about the wonderful benefits of coconut oil, I asked my wife Marianita, who grew up on a coconut plantation in the Philippines, if there was a more natural way to extract the oil from the coconut, so that we didn’t have to buy the refined coconut oils found in all the stores in the Philippines. She said there was a method the older generation used to extract the oil by grating the fresh coconut, extracting the coconut milk, and then letting the coconut milk stand in a covered container for about 24 hours. After about 24 hours, the oil naturally separates from the water producing a crystal clear oil that retains the full scent and taste of coconuts. So we started making our coconut oil that way and using it for our cooking needs with our three children. We couldn’t believe how wonderful it tasted, and how great we felt. We had been living on Mt. Banahaw in the Philippines for almost two years by that time, and in the year 2000 telephone service was provided to our rural farming community, allowing me to put up a website about our Philippine Herbs. I decided to also put our Virgin Coconut Oil up on the website, not really expecting people to order it because it was a bit expensive since we had to hire people to make the oil, and shipping cost a lot because of the weight. We were so surprised when people started ordering, and then re-ordering it because they felt so great after using it! They told us there was no other coconut oil like it on the market. (from tropicaltraditions.com)
This is the bottle that I received from Tropical Traditions to sample their Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil. I was skeptical when I received it since it was in a jar and looked more like the consistency of lard. I actually went ahead and tried it the next day after I received it. I went to the website under coconut oil recipes and made the shrimp and veggies coconut curry. It was so good everyone that tried it loved it. I was a little worried because I had never made it before and I had guest coming over for dinner. It was a big hit. I will be making future recipes from this site with my coconut oil. I would definitely recommend this product to anyone who likes coconut.
Tropical Traditions has made it possible for my followers to be able to acquire your own complimentary copy of their Virgin Coconut Oil book by just filling in "referred by a friend" in the "how did you hear of us?" box when you fill in your account information with your first order. Then you will enter my User ID: 7590855 in the "Referred by (User ID):" box, the book will be automatically added to your order. Isn't that a great deal!
***The good news is that Tropical Traditions is going to give 1 lucky winner a 32oz jar of their Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil just for entering this giveaway! Good Luck!
How to Enter
Follow Westward Bound Mom's Blog!
This entry must be completed for additional entries to count.
Optional Extra Entries:
- Go to Tropical Traditions and tell me what recipe you want to try. – 1 entry
- Subscribe to Tropical traditions Sales Newsletter here: http://www.tropicaltraditions.com/subscribe_for_special_sales.cfm - 1 entry
- “Like” Westward Bound Mom on facebook – 2 entries
- Follow me on Twitter westwardboundmo's Tweets– 2 entries
- “Like” Tropical Traditions on facebook – 2 entries
- Follow Tropical Traditions on twitter – 2 entries
- Post this giveaway on your facebook page. Copy and paste the entire following comment on your wall, then post on our wall how many friends you shared with: Westward Bound Mom is giving one lucky winners one 32oz jar of Tropical Traditions Gold Label Virgin Coconut Oil free. I win! You can enter too! Contest details at http://westwardboundmom.blogspot.com
- Email three of your friends and tell them about this giveaway CC me on this email email@example.com - 2entries
- Enter any of my other currently ongoing giveaways- leave a separate comment for each one that you enter! – 3 entries
- Grab my Westward Bound Mom button and post it on your blog – 3 entries (post your link so that I can confirm your entries)
- Blog about this giveaway linking to this post – 4 entries (post your link so that I can confirm your entries)
Giveaway ends Thursday , May 5th at 11:59 pm PST. Giveaway open to U.S. residents only. All entries must have a valid email in blog profile or leave email address in comments. Winner will be chosen by the Random.org “ And The Winner Is….”. I will notify the winner by email. If the winner doesn’t respond in 48 hours, a new winner will be chosen. Winner will receive their prize directly from the company. Once winner is confirmed, this post will be updated with the winner’s name and winning entry.
Tropical Traditions provided me with a free sample of this product to review, and I was under no obligation to review it if I so chose. Nor was I under any obligation to write a positive review or sponsor a product giveaway in return for the free product.