Congratulations winner #14. I will contact you via email.
This is a great heartfelt movie that makes you sit and think about what is important in your life. It makes you think if such a secret would make you question your whole way of life as well as your religion. All I can say is that you have to watch to movie to know what I am talking about. I don't want to give away to much and ruin it for everyone. I would definitely recommend this movie to anyone that is religious or not.
Beverly Lewis' The Shunning - About the Movie
Before she succumbs to cancer, the dying wish of Laura Mayfield-Bennett is to be reunited with the daughter she never knew. Unfortunately, that daughter, Katie Lapp, is a member of the Amish order. Katie is about to be married, but uneasy about the path ahead. Now she discovers the secret her parents have kept from her: she's adopted.
The film is based on the celebrated first novel of the best-selling "The Heritage of Lancaster County" book series from author Beverly Lewis. Stars Danielle Panabaker & Sherry Stringfield.
BEVERLY LEWIS - Author of "The Shunning"
Beverly Lewis, born in the heart of Pennsylvania Dutch country, is The New York Times bestselling author of more than eighty books. Her stories have been published in eleven languages worldwide. A keen interest in her mother's Plain heritage has inspired Lewis to write many Amish-related novels, beginning with "The Shunning," which has sold more than one million copies. In 2007, Lewis' "The Brethren" was honored with a Christy Award.
Lewis has been interviewed by both national and international media, including Time magazine, the Associated Press, and the BBC. Lewis lives with her husband, David, in Colorado.
Visit her Web site at http://www.beverlylewis.com/ for more information.
***The good news is that Hallmark is going to give 1 lucky winner a free copy of The Shunning just for entering this giveaway! Good Luck!
Follow Westward Bound Mom's Blog!
This entry must be completed for additional entries to count.
Optional Extra Entries:
- Go to Hallmark Channel and tell me what you like the most. – 1 entry
- “Like” Westward Bound Mom on facebook – 1 entries
- Follow me on Twitter westwardboundmo's Tweets– 1 entries
- “Like” The Shunning on facebook – 2 entries
- Post this giveaway on your facebook page. - 2 entries Copy and paste the entire following comment on your wall, then post on our wall how many friends you shared with: Westward Bound Mom is giving 1 lucky winner a free copy of the movie The Shunning from Hallmark free just for entering. I win! You can enter too! Contest details at http://westwardboundmom.blogspot.com
- Email three of your friends and tell them about this giveaway CC me on this email firstname.lastname@example.org - 2entries
- Enter any of my other currently ongoing giveaways- leave a separate comment for each one that you enter! – 2 entries
- Grab my Westward Bound Mom button and post it on your blog – 3 entries (post your link so that I can confirm your entries)
- Blog about this giveaway linking to this post – 4 entries (post your link so that I can confirm your entries)
Giveaway ends Saturday, October 1st at 11:59 pm PST. Giveaway open to U.S. residents only. All entries must have a valid email in blog profile or leave email address in comments. Winner will be chosen by the Random.org “ And The Winner Is….”. I will notify the winner by email. If the winner doesn’t respond in 48 hours, a new winner will be chosen. Winner will receive their prize directly from the company. Once winner is confirmed, this post will be updated with the winner’s name and winning entry.
"Disclosure of Material Connection: I received one or more of the products or services
mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog. Regardless, I
only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."